a San Fransisco treat


Here are a few snaps from a recent California trip. The trip had been impromptu and so my planning went into the business side of things, so for my layover time I was winging it. My outdoor assignment turned out to be a record breaking 103 degrees only a few days before, albeit that was four hours south, just outside of Fresno. But I am sure you can imagine my surprise when I arrived in San Fransisco to 50 degree weather! Plan or no plan, 1st on the agenda was to buy a jacket!!! I called a friend of mine who travels often and simply asked, "Ever been to Frisco?". I was so relieved to hear that she not only had been there, but actually had family there! Being familiar with the city she gave me a few suggestions off the top of her head and I was off!
The only problem was I was traveling alone and have been known to have navigation issues... So instead of trying to pack in a full tourist itinerary, I took the train in to the middle of the city, I mean dead center.... and just wandered. It was wonderful to see with new eyes. I don't think I managed to get a single San Fran icon, (even though Levi's began here, I don't think the neon sign I snapped has any significance) but I enjoyed myself anyway.
Here are a few of my favorites from the day...
A quick check of the time...I was taking pictures along the way of street signs as litteral bread crumbs... if I got lost I could follow my pictures backwards!
My new jacket...
All in all it was a beautiful city and I would love to go back again someday... with a plan perhaps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails